Wright Advisor: A New Website
I have just launched WrightAdvisor.com. My vision is to create a place to help progressive business people capture their entrepreneurial spirit in order to identify growth opportunities and to move their business forward.
“The only way to predict the future is to create it” — Peter Drucker
Think about how much of your day is spent working on the business (Technician mindset) and managing the business (Manager mindset). Now think about how little time you are thinking forward about the your business (Entrepreneur mindset).
Opportunities come with change. You are not likely to discover new opportunities by spending your time doing the same things over and over.
In order to think forward about your business you must step-out of the day-to-day activities and adopt an Entrepreneurial mindset (e-Mindset). To quote Michael Gerber, author of eMyth Revisited, “Entrepreneur personality is the Catalyst for change”. This is not to say that you should completely ignore the day-to-day business activities. Rather you should schedule time everyday to capture your e-Mindset (Entrepreneur) and think about the future.
How To Think Forward About Your Business?
By now you are probably saying “easier said than done”. Here are 3 easy steps to force yourself into a e-Mindset (Entrepreneur) routine:
- Step-out from your business
- Commit to “regular” e-Time (Entrepreneur time)
- Determine hours per week for e-Time
- Schedule it on your calendar
- Create e-Opportunities
- Join – Master Mind groups, internet communities, industry associations, network groups
- Attend – Workshops, conferences, webinars
- Read – Books, white papers, articles
- Engage – Work with an outside Advisor, Mentor, Business Coach
Take a test flight on the Wright Advisor Airline and let me know what you think.